[Hammock Camping] Re: Single or low tree hanging

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2006
      I still have some pictures in my album on single and double pole
      method for hanging the hammock.

      Risk also has a section on it at his website. He actually has an
      explanation and pictures. I think he was tied to a tree root or
      something similar to the firat two photos below.

      http://tinyurl.com/m5pw5

      http://tinyurl.com/psyv4

      http://tinyurl.com/emf24

      The last pixels actually have TWO guy ropes from the support. That was
      in pretty sandy soil and it worked fine. I used very long (12') guys
      to keep the angle pretty shallow in an attempt to keep the stakes in
      the ground. It worked well. Sideways motion was more of a problem with
      the single guy than the double guy method. I used a Clove Hitch to go
      around the stay.