Marta sighting in Maine!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7 12:17 PM
      I was up in Maine this week and saw Marta Clark at Abol Bridge. She had
      finished hiking Katahdin, lost her hiking partner to the drop out
      disease, and was wound up about entering the 100 mile wilderness.

      I had originally hoped to see her in the middle of the wilderness,
      hiking the other direction. Unfortunately, I took a bad fall about 20
      miles north of Monson and had to limp out and find a ride after a 5 mile
      hike. I then got on my motorcycle and drove the 90 miles back to Abol
      Bridge and my truck. Then I drove the 20 hours home (including an
      overnight stay in Augusta ME)

      The x-ray shows that I have a spiral fracture of my left fibula, about
      an inch and a half long. No hiking for me over the next month! bummer!

      I also ran across a fellow (name forgotten) with a Speer Hammock and Pea
      Pod. He bought both from Marta at Ed's Booth at Trail days. He had
      dropped out of a northbound thru hike near Erwin with a stress fracture.
      When I saw him on the trail, he was 10 miles from completing the 100
      mile wilderness headed south. He is looking forward to a full
      southbound thruhike with a greatly improved foot.

      Rick
    • Bill in Houston
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7 1:04 PM
        Oww. Get better soon...

        Bill in Houston

        > The x-ray shows that I have a spiral fracture of my left fibula,
        about
        > an inch and a half long. No hiking for me over the next month!
        bummer!
      • Amy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7 7:41 PM
          Wow, sorry about the fall. Hope you recover soon! Glad to hear Marta
          is still excited, even sans hiking partner...
        • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8 4:47 AM
            > The x-ray shows that I have a spiral fracture of my left fibula,
            > about
            > an inch and a half long. No hiking for me over the next month!
            > bummer!

            Rick,

            Sorry about your injury. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm glad to
            hear Marta is doing ok.

            Brian
            T-BACK