Hammock Camping book

  • mrmoose972002
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7 6:04 AM
      A few months back (ok ok, around new years) I received a "free" copy
      of Ed Speers book to enjoy and then to pass along to someone elkse on
      the list. Well, I certainly enjoyed the book, placed in on my desk so
      I wouldnt forget to post about it so I can pass it along, and promptly
      buried it under something and forgot about it. Sorry about that.

      I would like to offer this book now to someone else who hasnt had the
      pleasure of reading Ed's book. Enjoy it, go buy your own copy, and
      pass this one along once more. Any takers?

      Matt
    • Scott Macri
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7 8:54 AM
        Sure, why not. I need to learn as much as I can about hammock since I am a
        newbie at ti.

        On 7/7/06, mrmoose972002 <mvpulsts@...> wrote:

        > A few months back (ok ok, around new years) I received a "free" copy
        > of Ed Speers book to enjoy and then to pass along to someone elkse on
        > the list. Well, I certainly enjoyed the book, placed in on my desk so
        > I wouldnt forget to post about it so I can pass it along, and promptly
        > buried it under something and forgot about it. Sorry about that.
        >
        > I would like to offer this book now to someone else who hasnt had the
        > pleasure of reading Ed's book. Enjoy it, go buy your own copy, and
        > pass this one along once more. Any takers?
        >
        > Matt

      • Matthew Pulsts
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7 5:56 PM
          OK it's all yours. I'll send it. you enjoy it for a bit. then you must post
          it back up on the list here and pass it on to some other grateful soul.

          whats your address? I can mail it out on Monday

          Matt

          _____

          On 7/7/06, mrmoose972002 <mvpulsts@earthlink.
          <mailto:mvpulsts%40earthlink.net> net> wrote:

          > A few months back (ok ok, around new years) I received a "free" copy
          > of Ed Speers book to enjoy and then to pass along to someone elkse on
          > the list. Well, I certainly enjoyed the book, placed in on my desk so
          > I wouldnt forget to post about it so I can pass it along, and promptly
          > buried it under something and forgot about it. Sorry about that.
          >
          > I would like to offer this book now to someone else who hasnt had the
          > pleasure of reading Ed's book. Enjoy it, go buy your own copy, and
          > pass this one along once more. Any takers?
          >
          > Matt

        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 8 12:22 AM
            I undertand the idea behind passing Ed's book along but aren't we
            also in a way pooching Ed, on his own yahoo group no doubt? He's
            potentially loosing book business by this free exchange.

            jamie

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Pulsts"

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 8 5:33 AM
              Thanks for the concern Jamie, but actually I encourage the idea of sharing
              my book with others, especially those on this list. My book is still a
              small volume, low profit undertaking, so I don't have much to loose there-in
              fact I give away more than 50% of my books anyway. I figure the more people
              who read my book, the more hammocks I sell! So the book is as much a part
              of my advertising as it is profit for my company. So sharing my book with
              others is a win-win situation for us all-we get to help spread the good news
              about hammock camping to newbies, and I get to sell more hammocks! So I
              want everyone in the world to read my book

              I also feel those on this List who make their own hammocks aren't taking
              anything away from Speer Hammocks either. Rather they're helping spread the
              good news while promoting my name at the same time

              Now you see why I love this List and the level of integrity at which it
              operates-just goes to prove that hammock campers really ROCK!! ...Ed

              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

              Editor, Hammock Camping News

              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

              _____

              --- In hammockcamping@ <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>
              <mvpulsts@...> wrote:

              > OK it's all yours. I'll send it. you enjoy it for a bit. then you
              must post
              > it back up on the list here and pass it on to some other grateful
              soul.

              > whats your address? I can mail it out on Monday
              >
              > Matt
              >

              > _____
              >
              > From: hammockcamping@ <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>
              yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 8 7:41 AM
                Jamie,

                I'd assume that Matthew enjoyed the book so much that he will now buy a
                copy for his own hiking library and probably two or three others to give
                to friends...

                Right Matthew?

                In case this had not occurred to Matthew yet, the link to buy Ed's book
                is here:

                http://www.speerhammocks.com/

                Rick

                chcoa wrote:
                > I undertand the idea behind passing Ed's book along but aren't we
                > also in a way pooching Ed, on his own yahoo group no doubt? He's
                > potentially loosing book business by this free exchange.
                >
                > jamie
                >
                > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Pulsts"
                > <mvpulsts@...> wrote:
                >
                >>OK it's all yours. I'll send it. you enjoy it for a bit. then you
                >
                > must post
                >
                >>it back up on the list here and pass it on to some other grateful
                >
                > soul.
              • Matthew Pulsts
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 10 6:41 AM
                  Already pruchased it, thanks :)

                  Matt

                  _____

                  I'd assume that Matthew enjoyed the book so much that he will now buy a
                  copy for his own hiking library and probably two or three others to give
                  to friends...

                  Right Matthew?

                  In case this had not occurred to Matthew yet, the link to buy Ed's book
                  is here:

                  http://www.speerham <http://www.speerhammocks.com/> mocks.com/

                  Rick