Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessy ropes?

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 6 10:12 PM
      I just got a new hammock and noticed the ropes are smaller, so are the tree
      huggers. I think they may have recently upgraded them. I cannot find any
      info on their website referring to this.

      On 7/7/06, Marty <martyman1@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I was wondering why Hennessy would use such large ropes. I have the
      > explorer deluxe Asym and i bet a pound and a half of the 3.5 pound
      > weight is rope. I know there are climbing ropes out there made by
      > spectra that are just as strong and half the weight. Parachute cord
      > holds 550lbs and it is probably 1/10th the weight. Has anyone switched
      > the ropes out?
      >
      > Marty

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 18 2:28 PM
        I also couldn't resist the urge to run some problems.
        It's a common fault among us physicists and engineers when we are newbies on
        the list.

        Ralph