Re: Top Ten Questions

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 5, 2006
      Maybe I'm missing something? I only saw 7 questions on your page...
      is there a second part somewhere else? Still, this is some great info
      and has given me ideas for things I'd never thought about!

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jonas4321" <jonas4321@...>
        wrote:
        >...Hammock camping is the most personalized, custom activity I have
        > ever encountered...

        I've never thought of it that way, but I believe you are right and that
        is probably the best way to explain it because what one person may love
        another person may not like at all and vice versa.

        Dave
      • Bill in Houston
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 5, 2006
          Those are really good. I was also thinking about the typical
          questions "What kind of hammock should I buy?" and "How will I know if
          I will like it?"

          Bill in Houston

          > That's what I tried to do with my page. More than ten questions,
          > though.
          >
          > http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCamping.html
          >
          > I'd have to echo Youngblood, though - Ed's book is a great place to
          > start.
          >
          > Jeff

        • Mark Bayern
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 5, 2006
            "How will I know if I will like it?"

            When you wake up the next morning and realize you actually had a good nights
            sleep, no problems with rocks, roots, or rain water...

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 5, 2006
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <scotth61@...> wrote:

              > Maybe I'm missing something? I only saw 7 questions on your page...
              > is there a second part somewhere else?

              Haha - no. I wasn't even thinking about the questions on the first
              page...I was just thinking about all the topics covered (pads,
              underquilts, tarps, bivies, site selection, storage, etc). Forgot I
              had even framed the front page as questions!
            • jonas4321
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 6, 2006

                > I've never thought of it that way

                Uh, oh.

                *I* thought of something that DAVE WOMBLE never thought of?

                Either I'll be receiving an Ice Skating Party invitation from the
                devil, or someone else is about to return!

                <grin>

                Sorry, Dave, it's just that I have learned SO much for your posts over
                the years, it was a surprise to read that. You made my day!

                Jonas

                ps- I still feel like a newbie...