[Hammock Camping] Re: summer quilt

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      It looks like some ooooold posts just got through Yahoo...

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri"
      <hacktorious@...> wrote:

      > I ended up with the Nest instead. It only weighs 20oz. and goes
      to 20*F.

      > On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here are the thoughts in my head. Seems like the shenandoah
      would
      > > probably pack down to about half the size of the 30 deg synth
      quilt.
      > > Is that something that is important to you. It also seems that
      the
      > > weights would be pretty different...
      > >
      > > Bill in Houston
      > >
      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com <hammockcamping%
      40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > OK, here is the thoughts I have going through my head right
      now.

    • Scott Macri
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
        Yep, I posted that message on 7/3/06. I don't know why it just went
        through. I have had this problem with other groups as well and have
        recently contacted Yahoo support, but have not heard back from them.

        On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:

        > It looks like some ooooold posts just got through Yahoo...
        >

        > Bill in Houston

        > "Scott Macri"
        > <hacktorious@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I ended up with the Nest instead. It only weighs 20oz. and goes
        > to 20*F.
        > >
        > > On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Here are the thoughts in my head. Seems like the shenandoah
        > would
        > > > probably pack down to about half the size of the 30 deg synth
        > quilt.
        > > > Is that something that is important to you. It also seems that
        > the
        > > > weights would be pretty different...
        > > >
        > > > Bill in Houston
        > > >
        > > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com<hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com><hammockcamping%
        > 40yahoogroups.com>,

        > now.

      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
          On 7/3/06, Scott Macri <hacktorious@...> wrote:

          > Yep, I posted that message on 7/3/06. I don't know why it just went
          > through. I have had this problem with other groups as well and have
          > recently contacted Yahoo support, but have not heard back from them.

          As a relatively new member you may still be moderated (all emails approved
          by owner or moderator, a common list practice to fight spammers). To the
          casual and suspicious list moderator your gmail account name looks suspect,
          until they get to know you better. :]

          You may wish to contact the list owner for clarification.

          Ralph (Moderator elsewhere)

        • Scott Macri
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
            It happens on my Yahoo Group, PATC, which I own and moderate. Something is
            messed up with my account. I had a problem for a while, which prevented me
            from being able to send messages to the list, but Yahoo Support fixed it.
            My spam filter was disabled at the time too.

            Well, any hoooo, the Nest is great. I have not had a chance to use it on a
            trip yet. I am planning several trips and cannot wait to try it out in the
            wild.

            The nest packs very small, and is way lighter than my previous sleeping bag,
            which, by the way is for sale. LOL