Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: summer quilt

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      I ended up with the Nest instead. It only weighs 20oz. and goes to 20*F.

      On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:

      > Here are the thoughts in my head. Seems like the shenandoah would
      > probably pack down to about half the size of the 30 deg synth quilt.
      > Is that something that is important to you. It also seems that the
      > weights would be pretty different...
      >
      > Bill in Houston

      > "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > OK, here is the thoughts I have going through my head right now.

    • Bill in Houston
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
        It looks like some ooooold posts just got through Yahoo...

        Bill in Houston

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri"
        <hacktorious@...> wrote:

        > I ended up with the Nest instead. It only weighs 20oz. and goes
        to 20*F.

        > On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Here are the thoughts in my head. Seems like the shenandoah
        would
        > > probably pack down to about half the size of the 30 deg synth
        quilt.
        > > Is that something that is important to you. It also seems that
        the
        > > weights would be pretty different...
        > >
        > > Bill in Houston
        > >
        > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com <hammockcamping%
        40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > OK, here is the thoughts I have going through my head right
        now.

      • Scott Macri
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
          Yep, I posted that message on 7/3/06. I don't know why it just went
          through. I have had this problem with other groups as well and have
          recently contacted Yahoo support, but have not heard back from them.

          On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:

          > It looks like some ooooold posts just got through Yahoo...
          >

          > Bill in Houston

          > "Scott Macri"
          > <hacktorious@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I ended up with the Nest instead. It only weighs 20oz. and goes
          > to 20*F.
          > >
          > > On 7/3/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Here are the thoughts in my head. Seems like the shenandoah
          > would
          > > > probably pack down to about half the size of the 30 deg synth
          > quilt.
          > > > Is that something that is important to you. It also seems that
          > the
          > > > weights would be pretty different...
          > > >
          > > > Bill in Houston
          > > >
          > > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com<hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com><hammockcamping%
          > 40yahoogroups.com>,

          > now.

        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
            On 7/3/06, Scott Macri <hacktorious@...> wrote:

            > Yep, I posted that message on 7/3/06. I don't know why it just went
            > through. I have had this problem with other groups as well and have
            > recently contacted Yahoo support, but have not heard back from them.

            As a relatively new member you may still be moderated (all emails approved
            by owner or moderator, a common list practice to fight spammers). To the
            casual and suspicious list moderator your gmail account name looks suspect,
            until they get to know you better. :]

            You may wish to contact the list owner for clarification.

            Ralph (Moderator elsewhere)

          • Scott Macri
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
              It happens on my Yahoo Group, PATC, which I own and moderate. Something is
              messed up with my account. I had a problem for a while, which prevented me
              from being able to send messages to the list, but Yahoo Support fixed it.
              My spam filter was disabled at the time too.

              Well, any hoooo, the Nest is great. I have not had a chance to use it on a
              trip yet. I am planning several trips and cannot wait to try it out in the
              wild.

              The nest packs very small, and is way lighter than my previous sleeping bag,
              which, by the way is for sale. LOL