Re: Catenary Modification

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
      If you ever modify the ridgeline, you would use waaaayyyyy less curve
      on it. I would use 2" on the ridgeline, if any.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm thinking of modifying my tarp. I have an 10 x 10 A-frame tarp; I
      > want to add a curve to the parallel side to help decrease sag. How do
      > I go about making a mod like that?

    • Rat
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
        I used half the sag in my ridgeline on my last tarp, 5 inches over
        10 feet instead of 10 inches over 10 feet. I used 10 on my first
        tarp but it really cut into the headroom, so I halved(?) it on my
        last one. I can get a much more stable set up with the full cat cut
        but the half works for a very taught pitch as well. Better than not
        having one but not as good as the full cat either. It really makes a
        difference in the headroom tho and the tarp tensioners do a great
        job of sucking up the slack.

        Rat