hammock stitching concerns

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
      I recently bought a new Ultralite Hennessy Hammock. I am wondering if I
      should exchange it, or if what I think is an issue, isn't an issue.

      At the end of the enterance where the velcro attaches is a circular peice of
      material stitched to the the main fabric of the hammock forming a seam.
      Along the edges of the seam where the two pieces of material connect the
      holes where the thread goes through are elongated. you can actually see the
      ground through the seem holes.

      Hopefully someone will understand what the heck I am rambling about.
      Basically the seam holes are a bit larger than what I consider normal and I
      want to know if it is a concern. It is on the bottom of the hammock.

      Thanks. Sorry if this is confusing or petty. I just want to be sure.

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      www.HikeHaven.com

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
        Is it elongated when you're not in it, or only when you're inside? If
        it's only when you're inside, it looks like the seam might be putting
        stress on the fabric. Over time, that might damage the body - and
        that's exactly the wrong place to overlook damage to the body.

        It's definitely worth an email to Hennessy, IMO. See what he says.

        Jeff