HH Weigh Limits

  • Tom Caldwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2006
      I know this subject has probably been covered before, but thought I
      would just ask again. I currently use the basic HH EXPEDITION ASYM,
      but would like a lighter weight model. I weigh 215 lbs. Is it safe
      to use a model that is rated for 200 lbs.?
    • Steve Joiner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2006
        Hi, Tom. I also weigh 215 or so, and use the HH UL BP Asym, rated for 200
        lbs. Have had no problems with this - and have weighed up to 220 while
        using it! ;^)

        Steve

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Caldwell"
          <coldspring44@...> wrote:

          > I know this subject has probably been covered before, but thought I
          > would just ask again. I currently use the basic HH EXPEDITION ASYM,
          > but would like a lighter weight model. I weigh 215 lbs. Is it safe
          > to use a model that is rated for 200 lbs.?

          I was worried about the same thing when I bought my HHultralit asym.
          But have found it to not be a problem. I even heard from a guy who
          slept him his wife and there dog in the ultralite. I don't think you
          will have a problem IMHO.
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2006
            I've probably had 260+ with my kids and some gear in there and never
            even heard a creak. Just go easy when moving around and it should be
            ok (bouncing puts more force on the material).

            Jeff