Re: [Hammock Camping] hiking this summer

  • Bruce W. Calkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2006
      T-BACK, & Anyone else who might be on trail, (Or even interested. ;)

      The plan at present for Rosaleen, my dog Sam (BOSS DAWG) and I, is to
      leapfrog our vehicles from Springer to Fontana between June 26 and July 15.
      The trail will determine the final schedule. Preliminary paper scheduling
      puts us as crossing Dick's Creek Gap - U.S. 76 mid-day of July 4..

      Advice about parking, food drops, caches, shuttles and other details
      regarding hiking this section will be read, considered, and if applicable
      implemented. Anyone wanting to link up will be welcome, as long as we don't
      lose to much momentum. (You may be used to position vehicles to our
      advantage too.) While Rosaleen's summer schedule is flexible, I'm running
      into issues about over running my schedule.

      I plan to use my older model Hennessy Expedition. I've less than a week of
      nights in it. So, I've got the basics and am looking forward to refining
      the system.

      Rosaleen hopes to continue on to Hot Springs area for more hiking after
      hiking this section.

      Black Wolfe