Re: Ropes, knots

  • natesdenn71
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2006
      I use a Mosquito Bliss from Hammock Bliss. I took the two 6mm ropes
      on each end and tied them together. I tied a series of overhand knots
      on each end to make "clip in" points. Then I bought two 12 ft.
      sections (might be a little long) of 1/2 in. tubular webbing. To
      hang, I wrap the webbing as many times I can around the tree until i
      have two tails about a foot or two in length. I tie these two tails
      together using a water knot. This creates a sturdy anchor. I then
      take two or more of the wraps and pull so they are away from the tree
      and clip in an aluminum caribiner. I then clip this into a "clip
      point" on the hammock rope. I can adjust either end of the hammock as
      needed and the caribiners give me somewhere to hang small stuff sacks
      of gear.

      I could lighten this system by having a shorter piece of tubular
      webbing, but I like the long length since it gives me more options
      with tree girth. I dont want to be stuck sleeping on the ground if
      all the trees are really huge!