Bug netting question/suggestions

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2006
      I'm about ready to start my bug net attachment project and I was
      thinking about different options. I noticed that some in this group
      have gone away from the hook-and-loop strip along the sides of the
      hammock body as Ed suggests in his book. For those who have, I'd like
      to hear your reasoning behind this alternate route if you are so
      inclined to share.

      Thank you in advance.
      Jamie in AZ
    • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2006
        I noticed that some in this
        > group
        > have gone away from the hook-and-loop strip along the sides of the
        > hammock body as Ed suggests in his book. For those who have, I'd
        > like
        > to hear your reasoning behind this alternate route if you are so
        > inclined to share.
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        > Jamie in AZ

        I do not use velcro anymore to attach my bugnet. I use a spreader bar
        in my hammock which keeps the sides pulled taut. In this manner the
        netting drapped over my ridgeline is effective at stopping bugs.
        There are others here that do not use spreaders and still seem to be
        able to stop the bugs. My advice is to try it without velcro in a
        controlled situation (where you can run for cover if it doesn't work)
        first. You can always add velcro later.

        Brian
        T-BACK
      • Rob
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
          Hello

          I'm new to the group, so I'm not aware of the discussion you mentioned. I
          use a jacket made of mosquito netting with the hook tied security so they
          don't get in at night.

          http://360.yahoo.com/snaresman

          > I'm about ready to start my bug net attachment project and I was
          > thinking about different options. I noticed that some in this group
          > have gone away from the hook-and-loop strip along the sides of the
          > hammock body as Ed suggests in his book. For those who have, I'd like
          > to hear your reasoning behind this alternate route if you are so
          > inclined to share.
          >
          > Thank you in advance.
          > Jamie in AZ
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
            Hi Rob,

            I have never heard of this before. Do you have a url for the jacket
            or a beat on who sells them? I'd like to check it out.

            thanks
            jamie in az