[Hammock Camping] Polyester support ropes?

  • Aris Dennis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2006
      Hi all,
      Since Rick's comments about the possibility of spectra
      rope cutting through the hammock really scared me, I'm
      considering using 4mm low stretch polyester line
      instead. The place that stocks it says it has low
      moisture-absorbance, at it is rated to 320kg.
      Here's the site, scroll down for the poly rope:
      http://www.biasboating.com.au/rope.html

      Does anyone have any opinion on this stuff?

      thanks,
      Aris

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2006
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2006
          hey aris, i think the only reason it would cut through anything would be
          because that cord you were talking about was only 2mm. a thicker spectra
          cord like 3mm or 4mm would probably be fine. i know the 3mm crystaline is
          fine and it's gotta be alot lighter than 4mm polyester. just a thought...Brandon

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Aris Dennis <apfel1984@...>