first outing w/ hammock

  • jkneilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2006
      Hi all, pitched my 8.0A Speers hammock for the first time last weekend
      in Ventana Wilderness, and while it definitely improved my sleeping
      experience (I have L4-L5 disc pain), it wasn't the grand slam I was
      hoping it would be. I felt like a human taco having my shoulders
      pinched. Is this a common experience? What can I do to mitigate it?
      Perhaps I just need to get used to it. Cheers, K
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jkneilson" <jkneilson@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all, pitched my 8.0A Speers hammock for the first time last
        weekend
        > in Ventana Wilderness, and while it definitely improved my sleeping
        > experience (I have L4-L5 disc pain), it wasn't the grand slam I was
        > hoping it would be. I felt like a human taco having my shoulders
        > pinched. Is this a common experience? What can I do to mitigate it?
        > Perhaps I just need to get used to it. Cheers, K

        Which part of Ventana? I live in Monterey - I'd be happy to meet up
        and show you a few tricks. To start with, it sounds like you need to
        hang with more sag.

        Jeff