Re: Intro and questions

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      Congrats on making your first hammock, and welcome to the forum!

      The TestHammock is meant to be just that - a test to see if you like
      it. It's not very strong b/c the sides aren't hemmed, and that's why
      it failed when you put too much force on the side. If you put a
      rolled hem on the long sides, they won't rip when you get in and out -
      that side might stretch a bit, but it shouldn't rip unless your
      material is too light.

      Jeff
    • Bill in Houston
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2006
        The high sides are a little tricky. Sometimes I straddle mine and make
        sure to put my rear in the bottom of the hammock first. Or at least
        make sure to spread the fabric wide and put my rear in the middle of it
        while lowering myslef to a sitting position. Hanging the hammock nice
        and low makes all of this easier. I have not ever torn the edge of my
        double layer 1.1 oz RN hammock, but it does concern me a little.

        Bill in Houston