Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock support lines

  • jonas4321
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 3, 2006
      Wow, thanks. I will contact New England Ropes, the manufacturer of the
      T-100 and ask about this.

      Do you have more specific information on the Bluewater reference you made?

      Also, does anyone have a source for Spectra core ropes that includes
      specifications?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "kbwaddy" <kbwaddy@...> wrote:

      > be careful with anything made out of technora, several companies
      (bluewater
      > for sure) have quit using it because when knots are weighted and
      then untied
      > the fibers where the knot was are permanently damaged and weakened in
      > that spot. technora is not the same as spectra, usually when cord is
      technora
      > or spectra or vectran or whatever, they are talking about the core,
      the sheath
      > is almost always something less high-tech like polyester, polypro, or
      > something similar.
    • Aris Dennis
      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 9, 2006
        Hi Heather,

        If you decide to do a velcro pocket on the Hennessy,
        make sure you put darts in the fabric so it billows
        out. Also, you might want to contain the down in
        something if you want it to be removable. I was very
        careful and STILL got down everywhere. Finding bits of
        it in my clothes still.

        My pack is just made of some umproofed 2 oz ripstop
        nylon. I didn't see the point in ordering special
        waterproof material from America. All my commercial
        packs leak, so I though I'd just buy the $1 a metre
        stuff and have a very, very cheap pack. All my
        sleeping gear
        is in double layers of silnylon anyway.

        Let me know how you go with it.
        Aris