Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock support lines

  • Bill in Houston
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 2, 2006
      Some of CCF pipe insulation would probably be light and look like one
      is being careful.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jonas4321" <jonas4321@...>
      wrote:

      > Aside from the controversy about tying to trees, I wanted to expand
      on
      > Risk's assessment of issues using thin diameter cord to hang a
      hammock.

      > I use 3mm and 4mm Technora T100
      4' of 1 inch tubular nylon webbing
      doubled over and attached using a slipped
      'hammock hugger' loop.
      I use 1.5 inch and 2 inch polypro webbing
      heavy aluminum carabiner
      webbing through the biner twice)
      using side release buckles. The tree hugger webbing is 10' long,
      > The T100 Technora
      clinch knot,
      wrapped twice before finishing.
      tied to the biner
      > figure-8 Hennessey wrap.
    • Aris Dennis
      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 9, 2006
        Hi Heather,

        If you decide to do a velcro pocket on the Hennessy,
        make sure you put darts in the fabric so it billows
        out. Also, you might want to contain the down in
        something if you want it to be removable. I was very
        careful and STILL got down everywhere. Finding bits of
        it in my clothes still.

        My pack is just made of some umproofed 2 oz ripstop
        nylon. I didn't see the point in ordering special
        waterproof material from America. All my commercial
        packs leak, so I though I'd just buy the $1 a metre
        stuff and have a very, very cheap pack. All my
        sleeping gear
        is in double layers of silnylon anyway.

        Let me know how you go with it.
        Aris