bitten by the bug

  • marta_clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      It's contagious, I guess. #1 son Ben was at Trail Days, lurking
      around the hammock vendors. Last weekend we went hiking together, me
      hanging and him tenting. Now he has made himself a hammock setup.
      He's buying and ENO at a discount, and bought a $15 tent at WM that he
      has cut up to make the rain fly and the bug netting. I may get to see
      this rig this weekend. He is planning to meet up with us in Hot
      Springs later this month.

      He seemed surprised when I suggested--strongly--that he assemble
      everything at home BEFORE he leaves on the hike this weekend. Just to
      see if it all works as planned. ;-)

      Marta
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark" <marta_clark@...>
        wrote:

        > He's buying and ENO at a discount, and bought a $15 tent at WM that
        he
        > has cut up to make the rain fly and the bug netting.

        Sounds like a very resourceful kid!

        Ten points to Marta for another convert. :p