RE: {Spam?} [Hammock Camping] Hammock support/ webbing strength?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Dane, that's a critical question. As you've found out, breaking strength
      isn't always listed or even known by a retailer. It really is buyer be ware
      when it comes to buying proper webbing for hammocks. Most webbing isn't
      strong enough!!! And don't be tricked into buying nylon because it is
      stronger than polypropylene-they have different stretch characteristics and
      nylon in 1" to 2" widths is inappropriate for hammocks. I use 700 lb
      breaking strength polypro (1" wide) for hammocks designed to hold up to 250
      lbs. I also sell this for $0.20/ft-email me off line if interested...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        Thanks Ed. I'll do that soon. Dane

        > Dane, that's a critical question. As you've found out, breaking
        strength
        > isn't always listed or even known by a retailer. It really is
        buyer be ware
        > when it comes to buying proper webbing for hammocks. Most webbing
        isn't
        > strong enough!!! And don't be tricked into buying nylon because
        it is
        > stronger than polypropylene-they have different stretch
        characteristics and
        > nylon in 1" to 2" widths is inappropriate for hammocks. I use 700
        lb
        > breaking strength polypro (1" wide) for hammocks designed to hold
        up to 250
        > lbs. I also sell this for $0.20/ft-email me off line if
        interested...Ed

        > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
        >
        > Editor, Hammock Camping News
        >
        > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc