AT section hike

  • BRIAN
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2006
      My stepson and I are going to hike the AT section from Springer to
      neels Gap this Friday thru Sunday. This trip is taken on very short
      notice. We plan to park at Neels Gap and get a shuttle to Springer.
      Any company would be welcome. I know there is not much time for
      planning but I thought I would extend an invitation to you all. Let
      me know if you can make it.

      Brian
      T-BACK
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2006
        that`s a long ride for me brian, but a friend & i are planing to be ready to leave as soon as i can get away from work on fri & spend a couple nights out in the wilson creek area. that`s near linvile gorge area, nc. not but about a 2 & 1/2 hour drive from here.
        have fun ...tim

        BRIAN <opnheartscrub@...> wrote:
        My stepson and I are going to hike the AT section from Springer to
        neels Gap this Friday thru Sunday. This trip is taken on very short
        notice. We plan to park at Neels Gap and get a shuttle to Springer.
        Any company would be welcome. I know there is not much time for
        planning but I thought I would extend an invitation to you all. Let
        me know if you can make it.

        Brian
        T-BACK

        tim garner

      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2006
          Brian=

          Too bad for me. School gets out in a few weeks, right after which my nephew is getting married in AL. I'm figuring on packing up my truck and hiking between Fontana and Springer. Which sub sections when and where TBD by weather and what comes up for opportunities. I'll stop when I'm too sore, too sick of the heat, or too bored. Well, or when time runs out, maybe. I figure the too sore and too hot are contenders to win out before time and boredom become issues.

          It would have been great to have some company or at least some help with spotting vehicles.

          If you head out again towards the end of June, give me a shout.

          Rosaleen

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
            sounds like a great trip Brian. I'd love to join but I work this
            weekend and I also need a few days to rest from the hike just ending.
            I'll do a mini trip report in a sec.

            Coy Boy