Re: Hennessy HyperLite? from hammockcamping @yahoogroups.com.

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006
      Hi, Richard-

      I will have to shoot your question off to the Hennessys. I haven't seen the racing models up close, so I can't tell you what the differences are between the Asym Racer and the Asym Hyperlight. One article I read claimed that the Adventure Racer had a stronger fabric in the bottom than the Asym Racer, but I think it was a magazine article, and I know better that to believe everything I read. When/if I hear more, I will share it via the list.

      Tom does sometimes sell a hammock without the fly. Try calling their toll-free number.

      Regards!

      Rosaleen

      From: "Richard Perlman" richard@...<mailto:richard@...>
      Date: Thu May 25, 2006 5:01pm(PDT)
      Subject: Re: Hennessy HyperLite?

      Rosaleen,

      Are you able to describe the difference between the
      Hyperlight Backpacker and the Light Racer Asym?
      Is the difference in weight (4 oz) simply the gear
      pocket, gear hooks, tree huggers and velcro (and 50 bucks)?

      Any idea if it's possible to buy just HLBP hammock body?

      Richard