Hennessy HyperLite?

  • Tom Caldwell
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2006
      Anybody know anything about the new Hennessy HyperLite?
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Caldwell"
        <coldspring44@...> wrote:

        > Anybody know anything about the new Hennessy HyperLite?

        A few people on WB have ordered some...haven't heard any details yet.
      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 25, 2006
          Tom-

          While Marta was helping Ed at the Speer booth, I was helping Tom at the Hennessy booth.

          The Hennessy Hyperlight Backpacker was introduced for the first time anywhere at Trail Days. The quickest explanation I can give you about the Hyperlight: It is identical in size to the Asym Backpacker. Same fly, ropes, pullouts, interior pocket and hooks on the ridgeline. The Asym Backpacker hammock body is a 70 denier WPB finish fabric. The Hyperlight hammock body is made of a 30 denier ripstop nylon. The Asym Backpacker weighs 1 lb, 15 oz, while the Hyperlight weighs 1 lb, 8 oz. Changing that bottom fabric cut nearly 1/2 lb from the hammock system's total weight. Both the Asym and the Hyperlight are rated to 200 pounds. The Hyperlight might be a better summer hammock, as dropping the waterproofing allows the hammock bottom to be more breathable. It is also a bit "stretchier," I noticed, as potential customers climbed in.

          I hope this helps. Ask again if you need more info.

          Cheers!

          Rosaleen

          From: "Tom Caldwell" coldspring44@...<mailto:coldspring44@...>
          Date: Thu May 25, 2006 7:32am(PDT)
          Subject: Hennessy HyperLite?

          Anybody know anything about the new Hennessy HyperLite?

        • Richard Perlman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 25, 2006
            Rosaleen,

            Are you able to describe the difference between the
            Hyperlight Backpacker and the Light Racer Asym?
            Is the difference in weight (4 oz) simply the gear
            pocket, gear hooks, tree huggers and velcro (and 50 bucks)?

            Any idea if it's possible to buy just HLBP hammock body?

            Richard