shuttle possibilities

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      Hi, Guys-

      It appears that a lot of this group lives somewhere in the area of the Smokies. I'm going to my nephew's wedding in Huntsville, AL, in about a month, after which I will see how much of the AT from Fontana to Springer I can stand to hike. I MIGHT have some company and shuttling lined up, but life can throw curves.

      Anyone here want to talk about getting together to hike sections and/or be willing to help spot my truck around various trailheads? Also, are you hearing of trailheads where I might NOT want to leave my truck because of vandalism?

      If I get REALLY ambitious, I might also pick up from I-40 to Hot Springs, giving me a continuous hiked area from Springer to Spivey Gap, NC. That looks a bit doubtful, as the 163 miles from Fontana Dam to Springer may be more than I can handle to begin with.

      I still haven't looked for an Old Farmer's Almanac to see if it is predicting hurricanes in the area early in the season...hmmm!

      Anyone up for hot and humid weather hiking, or am I the only glutton for punishment here? <g> (I have to do this over school vacations, so hot and humid is my fate.)

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen