Re: Garlington Insulator (Taco) Construction Questions

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "nineinchtrails"
      <recreate.geo@...> wrote:
      > Ray, when you used the taco on a HH without using the side pull-
      outs
      > was it a functional setup that kept you warm?

      Yes, it will keep you warm (with the proper amount/type of
      insulation). With the HH, you can't easily get to the insulation
      while you are inside, so you have to make sure that your insulation
      won't shift. Tying in in place at the head end worked ok.

      > You guys think a hybrid would work?
      give it a try. you might bring to life a new cottage industry.

      > Is there a condensation issue with the silnylon?

      Depending on conditions, you will get some.

      > Any special techniques for sewing corner reinforcements?
      not sure what the right way is, but I just cut triangular pieces of
      nylon, laid them over unhemmed tarp corner, and hemmed them in.