Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Tilting

    Message 1 of 3 , May 21 5:59 AM
      Dave Womble wrote:
      > I've had that happen when I have untied and retied hammocks that I
      > have used for a while; I figure it had to do with the stretch of the
      > fabric as I have always been pretty careful about squaring up the
      > hammock fabric and it didn't seem that way until I had retied it. I
      > think Rick mentioned a while back that he thought one of his hammocks
      > had stretched unevenly because he was always sitting and getting
      > in/out of one side all the time.

      I have noticed this with several of my hammocks. They are never quite
      symmetrical. However it usually works itself out if I alternate which
      side I get out of the hammock. If I notice that I am lying a little to
      one side, I purposely, use the high side to get in and out of the
      hammock for a while and it becomes even again.

      Part of the reason I went away from the hammock with the bugnet sewn to
      one edge was that I was always getting in and out of the other side and
      the hammock did become loose on that side after a while. The first time
      I noticed this was at a Rainbow Springs campout with Ed's Gang. That
      night, it almost felt like I was going to roll out of the quarterweight
      hammock!