Re: [Hammock Camping] Tarp Question

    Message 1 of 6 , May 19 9:25 AM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chinell, David F \(GE Indust,
      Security\)" <david.chinell@...> wrote:

      > I use an 8 x 8 square tarp pitched on the diagonal simply because it
      > gives a better view and ...

      That's interesting, I would figure that the 11 foot diagonal of a 8x8
      square tarp would restrict more view along the center portion of the
      tarp than my 8x10 rectangular tarp did with its 8 foot width. In
      general I am able to hang my tarp high enough if all I want is
      protection from rain in moderate winds such that my head is below the
      bottom edges of my tarp when I am laying in my hammock and I can see
      out across the horizon on flat terrain. I guess your better view is of
      a portion of the sky? I hadn't thought of it that way, I evolved from
      tarp camping and always liked to be able to see what critters where
      about... I guess the next evolution is tarps with moon roofs? <grin>

      Youngblood