Big Agnes Sleeping Bag

  • QPens@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19 7:19 AM
      Of course, after buying a new Big Agnes sleeping bag and one of their
      insulated air mattresses, I discover hammocks...and, at least in print, so far,
      make so much sense. So, has anyone used an air mattress in a hammock? Should I
      opt for one of Big Agnes's closed cell pads?

      Ed...I want to meet you in Damascus this weekend. I have to drive from
      Baltimore to Gettysburg Saturday morning and then over to Westminster, MD to take
      the dog to the vet in the early afternoon. It looks like Damascus is less
      than an hour from there. How late will you be set up on Saturday...and Sunday?
      Thanks,
      Michael

    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19 7:38 AM
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, QPens@... wrote:

        > I discover hammocks...and, at least in print, so far,
        > make so much sense.

        Yep.

        > So, has anyone used an air mattress in a hammock?

        Yep. Lots of people have been happy with BA setups, actually. But
        there are plenty of people using insulated air mattresses
        (ThermaRest, Downmats, BA Insulated Air Cores, etc). You didn't
        mention if you got the insulated one - you'll definitely need some
        sort of insulation if you use it in cold temps. CCF works ok, too.

        Others use underquilts, PeaPods, homemade insulated hammocks, or
        pull the bag around the hammock. These systems tend to breathe
        better but have their own disadvantages...it's all personal
        preference.

        Jeff
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19 4:10 PM
          QPens@... wrote: Of course, after buying a new Big Agnes sleeping bag and one of their
          insulated air mattresses, I discover hammocks...and, at least in print, so far,
          make so much sense. So, has anyone used an air mattress in a hammock? Should I
          opt for one of Big Agnes's closed cell pads?
          ### michael... i`ve been sleeping in my hammock for over a year now. i use a BA insulated air core & i don`t even want to sleep on my bed... even w/ it`s memory foam top!!!
          Ed...I want to meet you in Damascus this weekend. I have to drive from
          Baltimore to Gettysburg Saturday morning and then over to Westminster, MD to take
          the dog to the vet in the early afternoon. It looks like Damascus is less
          than an hour from there. How late will you be set up on Saturday...and Sunday?
          Thanks,
          Michael
          ###i think ed`s already there, so wont be able to answer you. i don`t know how late he`ll be findable on sat, but he`ll likly be there untill at least noon on sun.
          mabey i`ll see you there. i plan to drive up sat morn. ...tim

          tim garner