Exped Bivy-Poncho Extreme

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2006
      Anyone have any experiece with one of these? It looks like it might
      be something that could be used as a cover or undershield for a
      hammock so that's why I'm curious. Didn't see anything about it on BGT
      and I couldn't find any dealers that sell them.

      thanks
      jamie in az
    • fugglesrastus
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2006
        Hello
        I have an army issue nylon Poncho with corner dees at its base, wich I
        have tied with some string, as a rain sheild under my HH Explorer
        Delux, in a suumer strom when I only had the smaller standarad fly with
        me, not the larger Hex Fly. It keept the blown rain of my down bag for
        the night. So look for a Poncho with suitable eyelets or add 4 nylon
        web loops to help attachment to hammock, I use a small carribener clip
        at the foot end for quick get out of the hammock for night time.
        Hope this is of some help.
        Cheers Heather from NZ. Were it rains and blows heaps during winter.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > Anyone have any experiece with one of these? It looks like it might
        > be something that could be used as a cover or undershield for a
        > hammock so that's why I'm curious. Didn't see anything about it on
        BGT
        > and I couldn't find any dealers that sell them.
        >
        > thanks
        > jamie in az

      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2006
          Thank Heather. I didn't get much response to my question so I'm
          guessing the Exped hasn't been used in this capasity by anyone here
          yet. Maybe I'll get a chance and then I'll post my findings.

          Now if I coud find a dealer.
          jamie in AZ, USA

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "fugglesrastus"
          <fugglesrastus@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          > I have an army issue nylon Poncho with corner dees at its base,
          wich I
          > have tied with some string, as a rain sheild under my HH Explorer
          > Delux, in a suumer strom when I only had the smaller standarad fly
          with
          > me, not the larger Hex Fly. It keept the blown rain of my down
          bag for
          > the night. So look for a Poncho with suitable eyelets or add 4
          nylon
          > web loops to help attachment to hammock, I use a small carribener
          clip
          > at the foot end for quick get out of the hammock for night time.
          > Hope this is of some help.
          > Cheers Heather from NZ. Were it rains and blows heaps during
          winter.

        • Coy
          Message 4 of 4 , May 27, 2006
            I have not used the exped poncho either but Rosaleen may be able to
            comment on the Gatewood Cape soon. it sure is cool looking.

            Coy Boy