RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: late spring hike somewhere...

  • shane
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2006
      >Also, you can use text messages, which require less
      >signal. And I think that they wait in a queue to be
      >delivered, so if you can't receive it right away, it will
      >be waiting to be sent to your phone next time you turn it
      >on. Better check on the queue part...

      That's true. Having experienced very severe service interruptions after Katrina in this area, text messaging was a life saver. Your phone will keep trying to deliver it, and when your phone has a signal, it will put it through. Conversely, when your phone comes onto the grid, the system will deliver the text messages waiting. I think they only stay in the system for 14 days, though.

      Shane