Re: [Hammock Camping] Yahoo--It's vacation time!

  • marta_clark
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2006
      Welcome back! I hope you'll bring along lots and lots of photos to
      Trail Days.

      Marta
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2006
        How did your hike go Brian? You guys left Hot Springs the same day we left
        for SA, so I haven't heard about your hike yet.Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , May 10, 2006
          > How did your hike go Brian?

          Ed,

          I had a great time! Some of the climbs were more than this flatlander
          bargined for. I got kinda wrapped up in the trail culture and did not
          want to go home. I twisted my knee and it was giving me problems
          toward the end but it is fine now. Our last evening we were eating
          supper at a shelter with a fairly large group of hikers and a storm
          blew in very quickly. We all scrambled for our shelters. It was warm
          and humid. Dave and I were wondering what the tenters were enduring
          inside those closed up rainflys. The three of us were very
          comfortable in our condensation free hammocks. Ahh... the joys of
          hammock camping.

          Brian
          T-BACK
          Message 4 of 10 , May 10, 2006
            Sounds like a perfect hammock trip Brian. Karen & I started planning our
            next adventure even before the last one was finished! It's really tough
            being back to work this week after the Galapagos & Ecuador. On the drive
            home form the airport, we pondered several possibilities, including the same
            hike you just did. TrailDays is coming up really fast and I'm sure we'll
            catch the usual wonderlust. We have several weddings and reunions planned
            for this summer, but I think we're both ready for a trail adventure next