for the women

  • MommyVeggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2006
      There was a thread a while back about the "pee bottle" and someone said too
      bad the women couldn't use it. NEWS FLASH...there are two great products
      that will allow us to be
      discreet and pee almost anywhere...even in the hammock. One is sold at REI
      and the name escapes me (my age is showing) and it is rather bulky. (However
      it is foolproof!) The other is called TravelMate female urinary device. It
      can attach by a short tube to a collection bag (spill proof and very
      lightwt.but takes practice). Getting in a good position in a hammock is tough as
      the device must be aimed downward. I'm small and can get on my knees in the
      HH. The travel mate is very small (looks like a test tube medicine dispenser)
      and fits in any pocket and can be used discreetly on the trail behind trees
      etc. with the luxury of leaving the pack on and the pants up! Just pull up
      shorts leg, use the zipper, or partially unzip one pant leg to use. Just found
      the web address _www.travelmateinfo.com_ (http://www.travelmateinfo.com) .
      Order several you'll want one for the car, backpack and purse. I find the
      bags and small tubes handy also, but I don't use them on the trail LOL.
      Freedom when hiking is wonderful.

      Mommyveggie

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2006
        Without taking this to an inappropriate place, I've looked into
        those Travelmate thinks a few time online and the drawback for me is
        that once it's used, now I have to carry around esentially a plastic
        penis that now has a residue of pee in it. That's gross!!

        As long as my knees hold up and their aren't any critters biting at
        my hiney I think I'll stick to sqauting for now.
        Thanks for the post though. It is good to know there are people out
        there looking out of us ladies. :)

        jamie in az