Re: Brands of Hammocks

  • boardmanmw
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Crockett" <gary@...>
      wrote:

      > Getting ready for a week long backpacking trip through the Wind River
      > Range in Wyoming.
      >
      > Have narrowed my choice down to a Hennessy Expedition , or, slightly
      > leaning towards, Mosquito Expedition as I like the full length zipper
      > attaching the netting to the hammock, the larger rain fly, and the
      > double hammock with pocket.
      >
      > Any help making the decision, i.e. free advise??
      >
      > Thanks!

      Gary,

      I have an HE and love it, but even though I sleep fairly warm, I get
      cold on the bottom of my HE at anything below about 50F. And this
      with a Target blue pad under my bag. Just too much cold air blowing
      by. Haven't tried a Mosquito, but the double layer fabric looks really
      easy to stuff a better pad in. Anyway, I'd suggest bottom warmth is
      the critical factor if you're going up to the Wind high country. Gets
      cold at 10k feet, even in the summer.
      Looking forward to hearing about the trip.