neck support

    Message 1 of 15 , May 7, 2006
      jamie... i`m planing to buy a set of the flex-air dual pillows to
      try out. it seems that the dual chamber will serve more like a neck
      pillow.
      my main questions are, 1)how well does it hold air through the night?
      2)how long will one pillow average lasting, because they come 3 to
      a pack & there cheap, & not intended to last forever.
      3) what do they feel like aganst your skin?
      i`ll look forward to your report. in the mean time, i`ll probably
      go ahead & buy a set to try out myself. if they arn`t that great, i`m
      not out of much cash. thanks...tim
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 15 , May 7, 2006
        Hi Tim,

        I can give some input on your questions but bear in mind I've slept
        on the pillows only one full night so far.

        1)how well does it hold air through the night?

        I used two on my inital night trail. One was the dual chambered.
        Both held air fine through the night (7 hrs). I had also inflated
        both pillows about three times previously for picutres, experiments,
        pre-testing trails etc..

        2)how long will one pillow average lasting, because they come 3 to
        > a pack & there cheap, & not intended to last forever.

        They "seam" like they can be used several times with care.

        > 3) what do they feel like aganst your skin?

        They feel soft to the touch but I found actually sleeping on them
        was not as comfy as I thought it would be. FlexAir suggests
        wrapping them in a shirt or something, I think this is probably a
        good idea.

        Best of luck.
        jamie
        Message 3 of 15 , May 7, 2006
          thanks jamie... i`ll look forward to further testing. in the mean
          time, my 5+ oz thermarest neck pillow is doing a great job.
          ...tim
        • Bill in Houston
          Message 4 of 15 , May 7, 2006
            <rosaleen43@...> wrote:
            > I sometimes use a jacket, but prefer a cut down kid's arm

            Eek!

            > floatie

            Ah, floatie, gotcha... :-)

            Bill in Houston