Re: Brands of Hammocks

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2006
      Hi,

      I have an HH and a Travel Hammock (top entry style). I do like the
      enclosed feeling the HH provides but I have to say I prefer the top
      entry style over the HH mainly for the ease of entry and exit and for
      insulating. I have not made a bug net yet but I don't see that being
      too big a problem.

      That probably doesn't help much but just thought I'd toss in my 2
      cents.

      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Crockett" <gary@...>
      wrote:

      > Getting ready for a week long backpacking trip through the Wind River
      > Range in Wyoming.
      >
      > Have narrowed my choice down to a Hennessy Expedition , or, slightly
      > leaning towards, Mosquito Expedition as I like the full length zipper
      > attaching the netting to the hammock, the larger rain fly, and the
      > double hammock with pocket.
      >
      > Any help making the decision, i.e. free advise??
      >
      > Thanks!

    • boardmanmw
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2006
        wrote:

        > Getting ready for a week long backpacking trip through the Wind River
        > Range in Wyoming.
        >
        > Have narrowed my choice down to a Hennessy Expedition , or, slightly
        > leaning towards, Mosquito Expedition as I like the full length zipper
        > attaching the netting to the hammock, the larger rain fly, and the
        > double hammock with pocket.
        >
        > Any help making the decision, i.e. free advise??
        >
        > Thanks!

        Gary,

        I have an HE and love it, but even though I sleep fairly warm, I get
        cold on the bottom of my HE at anything below about 50F. And this
        with a Target blue pad under my bag. Just too much cold air blowing
        by. Haven't tried a Mosquito, but the double layer fabric looks really
        easy to stuff a better pad in. Anyway, I'd suggest bottom warmth is
        the critical factor if you're going up to the Wind high country. Gets
        cold at 10k feet, even in the summer.
        Looking forward to hearing about the trip.