Re: [Hammock Camping] neck support

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 2006
      I'm one of the FlexAir Inflatable pillow testers and I'm planning to
      try them out in my hammock soon. We are still in the Edit phase of
      our Initial REports so hang on a few more days and you start seeing
      some reports uploaded.

      Maybe one of the other testers has used theirs in a hammock already.

      I think they might work for you though because you can inflate to your
      desired comfort level and they are not over sized so they woudl easily
      fit in a hammock without pushing up agaist the sides. Now they might
      be slippery but I think that could be rectified.

      jamie

      I would flip it over. That worked but it would often come out.

    • MommyVeggie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2006
        I haven't introduced myself yet. I've been lurking quite a while....very
        interesting group. I have a HH that I've only backyd camped in. Trail Days
        will be my first real outing.

        Anyway. I have used the Flex Air pillows tent camping and in the HH.
        Definitely get the dual chamber because you can adjust the air to your liking.
        They seem very strong as long as nothing gets close to puncture it. ( Don't wear
        earrings, LOL ) I discovered taking 2 straws is best. They are easy to
        blow up (with a staw..provided with pillow) BUT they are difficult to get all
        the air expelled unless you use 2 straws....one in each chamber at the same
        time. They are not slippery. I have a very light wt. pillow case I use with
        them for protection....made of brushed polyester in an envelope style. They
        also fit nicely in the hood of a sleeping bag. They are wonderful under
        knees....if you get that negative knee feeling in the hammock. Can't say enough
        good about them. Oh, we tried out the Clark hammocks with the pockets and
        the single chamber pillows were great for putting in the pockets to poof them
        for insulation....and supper lightwt. I wrote all of this back to the
        company for allowing me to try them.
        I love all the questions and answers from this group.....keep 'em coming.

        Mommyveggie

        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2006
          thanks for the great reply...

          MommyVeggie@... wrote: I haven't introduced myself yet. I've been lurking quite a while....very
          interesting group. I have a HH that I've only backyd camped in. Trail Days
          will be my first real outing.
          ### i plan to go to trail days, so mabey we`ll see you there.

          Anyway. I have used the Flex Air pillows tent camping and in the HH.
          Definitely get the dual chamber because you can adjust the air to your liking.
          They seem very strong as long as nothing gets close to puncture it. ( Don't wear
          earrings, LOL )
          ### i haven`t worn earrings in years, so that shouldn`t be a problem :~)

          I discovered taking 2 straws is best. They are easy to
          blow up (with a staw..provided with pillow) BUT they are difficult to get all
          the air expelled unless you use 2 straws....one in each chamber at the same
          time.
          ### now that`s good to know.
          They are not slippery. I have a very light wt. pillow case I use with
          them for protection....made of brushed polyester in an envelope style. They
          also fit nicely in the hood of a sleeping bag. They are wonderful under
          knees....if you get that negative knee feeling in the hammock.
          ### yep... i like to use something under my knees when i sleep on my back, & between my knees when i`m on my side.
          Can't say enough
          good about them. Oh, we tried out the Clark hammocks with the pockets and
          the single chamber pillows were great for putting in the pockets to poof them
          for insulation....and supper lightwt.
          ### now that`s interresting!!!
          I wrote all of this back to the
          company for allowing me to try them.
          I love all the questions and answers from this group.....keep 'em coming.
          NO...thank YOU ...tim

          Mommyveggie

          tim garner