RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Brands of Hammocks

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2006
      Yes, Coy. It's me that likes the Mosquito (all versions, but especially the Expedition).

      One reason I like it is that you can flip it over and use it like a Speer -- i.e. with a PeaPod.

      It just seems the most versatile and comfortable hammock to me.

      The HH has compactness, integration, and light weight going for it.

      Bear
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2006
        Hi,

        I have an HH and a Travel Hammock (top entry style). I do like the
        enclosed feeling the HH provides but I have to say I prefer the top
        entry style over the HH mainly for the ease of entry and exit and for
        insulating. I have not made a bug net yet but I don't see that being
        too big a problem.

        That probably doesn't help much but just thought I'd toss in my 2
        cents.

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Crockett" <gary@...>
        wrote:

        > Getting ready for a week long backpacking trip through the Wind River
        > Range in Wyoming.
        >
        > Have narrowed my choice down to a Hennessy Expedition , or, slightly
        > leaning towards, Mosquito Expedition as I like the full length zipper
        > attaching the netting to the hammock, the larger rain fly, and the
        > double hammock with pocket.
        >
        > Any help making the decision, i.e. free advise??
        >
        > Thanks!

      • boardmanmw
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2006
          wrote:

          > Getting ready for a week long backpacking trip through the Wind River
          > Range in Wyoming.
          >
          > Have narrowed my choice down to a Hennessy Expedition , or, slightly
          > leaning towards, Mosquito Expedition as I like the full length zipper
          > attaching the netting to the hammock, the larger rain fly, and the
          > double hammock with pocket.
          >
          > Any help making the decision, i.e. free advise??
          >
          > Thanks!

          Gary,

          I have an HE and love it, but even though I sleep fairly warm, I get
          cold on the bottom of my HE at anything below about 50F. And this
          with a Target blue pad under my bag. Just too much cold air blowing
          by. Haven't tried a Mosquito, but the double layer fabric looks really
          easy to stuff a better pad in. Anyway, I'd suggest bottom warmth is
          the critical factor if you're going up to the Wind high country. Gets
          cold at 10k feet, even in the summer.
          Looking forward to hearing about the trip.