Re: Momentum 90 fabric

  • kbwaddy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      i too am planning an under quilt, and am looking into different fabrics. what
      was the other fabric you were thinking about using? mine will be made of
      some of ed's down, so i probably couldn't use silnylon due to breathability.
      looked on the thru hiker site after i read your post. did you look at the nextec
      epic fabric? it's described as waterproof breathable, which would put it in a
      category with gore tex, but it's not a waterproof/ breathable membrane, it said
      the threads were coated. i'm wondering how breathable this stuff is compared
      to regular dwr. it said you could use it for sleeping bags. does anyone have
      any experience with this stuff?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
      wrote:

      > I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was wondering
      > if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
      > protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
      > would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability. It
      > also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.
      >
      > JFF

    • Joe Federici
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2006
        I generally call in my orders and spoke with the owner, sorry can't
        think of his name. Anyway we were both very impressed with the momentum
        fabric and he said he's used it in down bags. I'm admittedly new to
        sewing and fabric so I can compare it to others I haven't worked with.
        All of the online fabric places I found have very helpful people that
        know there products well. I'd give them a call and see what they think.
        Most will send free samples as well. The other fabric I was looking at
        was similar to what's used for rain gear. As it turned out the weight
        was just to high for what I needed.

        JFF

        wrote:

        > I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was
        wondering
        > if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
        > protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
        > would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability.
        It
        > also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.
        >
        > JFF

        Camping hammock
        Camping food
        Rv camping
        Gsi outdoors
        Happy camper
        Outdoors

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        ▪  Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.

        ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service.