Re: PCT kickoff and hammocks

  • ptoddf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Just returned from a great weekend at the annual camp out for the PCT thru
      hikers in Lake Morena, the ADZPCTKO. Surprisingly, we had the only two
      hammocks up, far as I could find.
      Tom Hennessey was there a few years ago, showing and selling hammocks, but
      he hasn't been back. Not a premier hammocking destination I'm afraid!

      Can't use trees there, we hung between roof racks on two vehicles. Worked
      fine, except for the slight California earthquake tremor effect when somebody
      rolled over too hard! The two of us, both named Todd, used a stock HH and my
      new Speer with Peapod, 900 fill, 2 oz overfill.

      This last attracted some San Diego based members of this list, Carl, his
      wife Ellen, also an interested backbacker, and two of his friends and fellow
      hammockers. It was great visiting with all of you!

      I'll have more to say about my Speer plus Peapod when I get more than 2
      campground nights on it. It's going to see some snow on the ground at least, real
      soon. While it still lasts in Southern California that is.

      Best, Todd in CC.