Momentum 90 fabric

  • Joe Federici
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was wondering
      if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
      protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
      would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability. It
      also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.

      JFF
    • kbwaddy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        i too am planning an under quilt, and am looking into different fabrics. what
        was the other fabric you were thinking about using? mine will be made of
        some of ed's down, so i probably couldn't use silnylon due to breathability.
        looked on the thru hiker site after i read your post. did you look at the nextec
        epic fabric? it's described as waterproof breathable, which would put it in a
        category with gore tex, but it's not a waterproof/ breathable membrane, it said
        the threads were coated. i'm wondering how breathable this stuff is compared
        to regular dwr. it said you could use it for sleeping bags. does anyone have
        any experience with this stuff?

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
        wrote:

        > I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was wondering
        > if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
        > protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
        > would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability. It
        > also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.
        >
        > JFF

      • Joe Federici
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2006
          I generally call in my orders and spoke with the owner, sorry can't
          think of his name. Anyway we were both very impressed with the momentum
          fabric and he said he's used it in down bags. I'm admittedly new to
          sewing and fabric so I can compare it to others I haven't worked with.
          All of the online fabric places I found have very helpful people that
          know there products well. I'd give them a call and see what they think.
          Most will send free samples as well. The other fabric I was looking at
          was similar to what's used for rain gear. As it turned out the weight
          was just to high for what I needed.

          JFF

          wrote:

          > I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was
          wondering
          > if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
          > protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
          > would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability.
          It
          > also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.
          >
          > JFF

          Camping hammock
          Camping food
          Rv camping
          Gsi outdoors
          Happy camper
          Outdoors

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          ▪  Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.

          ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.