Re: [Hammock Camping] neck support

  • Scott Schroeder
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2006

      > Some people use half inflated water wings (kiddie flotation devices) cut
      > open to lay flat.
      >
      > Ralph
      >
      > PS threaten Shane with a snowball to see him cower in a corner. :]

      That might be a good idea, but I don't lilke the possible retaliation. :)
      I remember using a rolled up section of neat sheet one trip that worked out
      pretty good. Maybe I'll look into that.

      scott

    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2006
        Stuff your rain jacket into its sleeve. If that's not big enough,
        stuff your fleece into its sleeve.
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2006
          I'm one of the FlexAir Inflatable pillow testers and I'm planning to
          try them out in my hammock soon. We are still in the Edit phase of
          our Initial REports so hang on a few more days and you start seeing
          some reports uploaded.

          Maybe one of the other testers has used theirs in a hammock already.

          I think they might work for you though because you can inflate to your
          desired comfort level and they are not over sized so they woudl easily
          fit in a hammock without pushing up agaist the sides. Now they might
          be slippery but I think that could be rectified.

          jamie

          I would flip it over. That worked but it would often come out.

        • MommyVeggie@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2006
            I haven't introduced myself yet. I've been lurking quite a while....very
            interesting group. I have a HH that I've only backyd camped in. Trail Days
            will be my first real outing.

            Anyway. I have used the Flex Air pillows tent camping and in the HH.
            Definitely get the dual chamber because you can adjust the air to your liking.
            They seem very strong as long as nothing gets close to puncture it. ( Don't wear
            earrings, LOL ) I discovered taking 2 straws is best. They are easy to
            blow up (with a staw..provided with pillow) BUT they are difficult to get all
            the air expelled unless you use 2 straws....one in each chamber at the same
            time. They are not slippery. I have a very light wt. pillow case I use with
            them for protection....made of brushed polyester in an envelope style. They
            also fit nicely in the hood of a sleeping bag. They are wonderful under
            knees....if you get that negative knee feeling in the hammock. Can't say enough
            good about them. Oh, we tried out the Clark hammocks with the pockets and
            the single chamber pillows were great for putting in the pockets to poof them
            for insulation....and supper lightwt. I wrote all of this back to the
            company for allowing me to try them.
            I love all the questions and answers from this group.....keep 'em coming.

            Mommyveggie

            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2006
              thanks for the great reply...

              MommyVeggie@... wrote: I haven't introduced myself yet. I've been lurking quite a while....very
              interesting group. I have a HH that I've only backyd camped in. Trail Days
              will be my first real outing.
              ### i plan to go to trail days, so mabey we`ll see you there.

              Anyway. I have used the Flex Air pillows tent camping and in the HH.
              Definitely get the dual chamber because you can adjust the air to your liking.
              They seem very strong as long as nothing gets close to puncture it. ( Don't wear
              earrings, LOL )
              ### i haven`t worn earrings in years, so that shouldn`t be a problem :~)

              I discovered taking 2 straws is best. They are easy to
              blow up (with a staw..provided with pillow) BUT they are difficult to get all
              the air expelled unless you use 2 straws....one in each chamber at the same
              time.
              ### now that`s good to know.
              They are not slippery. I have a very light wt. pillow case I use with
              them for protection....made of brushed polyester in an envelope style. They
              also fit nicely in the hood of a sleeping bag. They are wonderful under
              knees....if you get that negative knee feeling in the hammock.
              ### yep... i like to use something under my knees when i sleep on my back, & between my knees when i`m on my side.
              Can't say enough
              good about them. Oh, we tried out the Clark hammocks with the pockets and
              the single chamber pillows were great for putting in the pockets to poof them
              for insulation....and supper lightwt.
              ### now that`s interresting!!!
              I wrote all of this back to the
              company for allowing me to try them.
              I love all the questions and answers from this group.....keep 'em coming.
              NO...thank YOU ...tim

              Mommyveggie

              tim garner