Was: 1st hammock; Now: learning to sew

    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2003
      The hammock is also a great small project for someone to help you
      learn (or remember again) how to sew. If you know anyone who can
      already use a sewing machine, have them help you to practice on a few
      stuff sacks, then tackle the hammock. Make the tarp last, as it is a
      little more complicated than a hammock - and it is really not too
      hard either.

      Rick <><

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, John Kennedy <kennedy92@c...>
      wrote:
      > If you can make a tarp, then you can make a hammock. It is really
      very simple. In fact, making the hammock was easier than the tarp as
      there is no felled seams, just hems around the edges. Ed's kits are
      quite complete and are even packed into zip lock bags with all the
      components for each item that you are making in one bag.

      > I have limited sewing skills and was able to make the hammock and
      bug net in about half a day. The book you get with Ed's kits is
      excellent reading and has a lot of info on hammocks, and hammock
      making.