SEHHA april 06

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
      the hot springs campout was great. no exciting storys about bears or
      snow... but wait... i didn`t get there untill sat, noon.
      some of those who where there can tell about the lighting strike
      that shook the ground like a b-52 bomber. well, mabey not that hard,
      but it shure got thier attention.
      oh yeah, & young blood had to get up & move his hammock to higher
      ground early sat morn. the french broad river came up around the base
      of both trees that dave had his hammock tied to.
      and this morning, after pancakes & a little more sttin around
      talking, ed & karen headed out to take care of final details before
      the big trip. and marta shuttled dave, brian & our newest florida
      hammocker (sorry... i`m drawing a blank on the name...but he`s a super
      nice guy) to an AT trail head south of hot springs so they could hike
      back over the next few days.
      good trip. ...tim
    • dlfrost_1
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tim garner" <slowhike@...>
        wrote:
        > the hot springs campout was great. no exciting storys about bears
        or
        > snow... but wait... i didn`t get there untill sat, noon.

        > oh yeah, & young blood had to get up & move his hammock to higher
        > ground early sat morn. the french broad river came up around the
        base
        > of both trees that dave had his hammock tied to.

        I arrived early Sat afternoon and all the people were gone! Snatched
        away in the flood it looked, despite suggestions that they'd "all
        just gone into town or something"... But the hammocks remained to
        tell the tale.

        I have a group photo of the survivors and a one or two of the flood-
        stage river I'll post whenever I get the film developed.

        Doug Frost
      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
          I arrived early Sat afternoon and all the people were gone! Snatched
          away in the flood it looked, despite suggestions that they'd "all
          just gone into town or something"... But the hammocks remained to
          tell the tale.
          <snip>

          Doug Frost

          Hey, ........ free hammocks :]

          Ralph

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
            Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote: .
            .

            Hey, ........ free hammocks :]

            Ralph

            hey doug!!! you wern`t suposed to tell them! now we`ll have to share the extra hammocks!!!

            .

            tim garner