New to hammocks

  • dexstrom
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
      I just joined the ranks of the hammock'ed, bought a HH A-sym and find
      it as comfortable as everyone has said. Glad to find this group from
      my web searches for information.

      Has anyone used the Terrelogic drYad suspended tent? Reason I ask is
      my wife won't get into a conventional camping hammock due to the
      closed-in feeling. The Terrelogic has a more open tent look and
      may get her to join me for hammock camping trips. We mainly kayak, so
      weight isn't of great concern but I need to find something that she
      will use, and a tent on the ground won't work for her either. Thanks
      for all your ideas.....Dan
    • Allen Emer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
        At 04:42 PM 4/23/2006, you wrote:

        >Has anyone used the Terrelogic drYad suspended tent?

        Dan do you have a web address for this suspended tent?

        Al Emer
        Hennesssey Hanger
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
          just a thought. try making a speer type (top entry) hammock but not as wide as the speer hammocks come. then try hanging it w/ quite a bit of sag. that will reduce "shoulder sqeeze" as someone called it.
          both of these things will greatly reduce that "closed-in" feeling.
          if you need to see basic instructions go to http://imrisk.com ...tim

          dexstrom <indyflyer@...> wrote:
          I just joined the ranks of the hammock'ed, bought a HH A-sym and find
          it as comfortable as everyone has said. Glad to find this group from
          my web searches for information.

          Has anyone used the Terrelogic drYad suspended tent? Reason I ask is
          my wife won't get into a conventional camping hammock due to the
          closed-in feeling. The Terrelogic has a more open tent look and
          may get her to join me for hammock camping trips. We mainly kayak, so
          weight isn't of great concern but I need to find something that she
          will use, and a tent on the ground won't work for her either. Thanks
          for all your ideas.....Dan

          tim garner

        • dexstrom
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24, 2006
            Their site is: http://www.terrelogic.com/index.htm

            I did find some discussion on a tree canopy camping forum that several
            people had bad experiences due to faulty sewing and poor construction
            methods, and the company response was not good. This was several
            years ago, but I haven't found much on-line recently about the drYad,
            only one brief product review and nothing on any of the major hiking/
            camping forums. --Dan

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Allen Emer <aemer@...> wrote:

            > At 04:42 PM 4/23/2006, you wrote:
            >

            > >Has anyone used the Terrelogic drYad suspended tent?
            >

            > Dan do you have a web address for this suspended tent?
            >
            > Al Emer
            > Hennesssey Hanger

          • dexstrom
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 24, 2006
              That might do it, hanging the tarp higher might help too. Thanks for
              the ideas.

              > just a thought. try making a speer type (top entry) hammock but not
              as wide as the speer hammocks come. then try hanging it w/ quite a
              bit of sag. that will reduce "shoulder sqeeze" as someone called it.
              > both of these things will greatly reduce that "closed-in"
              feeling.
              > if you need to see basic instructions go to http://imrisk.com
              ...tim

              > dexstrom <indyflyer@...> wrote:
              > I just joined the ranks of the hammock'ed, bought a HH A-sym and
              find
              > it as comfortable as everyone has said. Glad to find this group
              from
              > my web searches for information.
              >
              > Has anyone used the Terrelogic drYad suspended tent? Reason I ask
              is
              > my wife won't get into a conventional camping hammock due to the
              > closed-in feeling. The Terrelogic has a more open tent look and
              > may get her to join me for hammock camping trips. We mainly kayak,
              so
              > weight isn't of great concern but I need to find something that she
              > will use, and a tent on the ground won't work for her either.
              Thanks
              > for all your ideas.....Dan

              > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi outdoors
              Happy camper Outdoors

              Service.