Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: idea about no more back sweat in a hammock?

  • neptunebeach
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 8:52 AM
      From: Dave Womble
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:24 AM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: idea about no more back sweat in a hammock?

      Bill,

      Yep, there are tradeoffs in that, especially when its windy. But, if
      you are sweating enough to accumulate a pool of water, reduced
      insulation might be more comfortable... at least while the insulation
      was enough to keep you warm. I don't think it would take away most
      of the insulation, you would have some fabric on at least one surface
      (and maybe both) and that would slow down some of the air flow.

      If you look at the Thermarest self inflating pads. What they did
      with some models is to use either solid sheets of open cell foam or
      sheets of open cell foam that have some of the foam removed by a die,
      much like a cookie cutter. The solid foam provides more insulation,
      while the die cut foam has reduced weight and pack volume for the
      same thickness pads.

      Dave