Re: [Hammock Camping] I'm broke...so I gotta make my own hammock....Help!!!

  • Torsha P.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006
      Thanks for the info Tim....You rock!

      > torsha... try speerhammocks.com for a good start. you`ll find
      lot`s of useful tips there.
      > also try imrisk.com & check out the test hammock.
      > and tothewoods.com is another great place to see.
      > you can make a hammock dirt cheap. go to wallmart`s
      craft & fabric section & find the fabric`s they have for $1.00 or
      $2.00 a yard (nylon or polyester). you`ll probaby want to get about
      4 yards. if you don`t have access to a sewing mach, buy a tube of
      fray block or liquid stich to keep the edges from fraying. wallmart
      also has 1" webbing for attaching it to a tree.
      > the hammock body is basicly just a rectangle of fabric, mabey
      12 feet long by 50 or 60 inches long. see the above sites for more
      details. then as you have more specific questions, ask here &
      someone will be glad to help. ...tim

      > "Torsha P." <torpo23@...> wrote:
      > What's up Y'all,
      >
      > I see that people have made tons of hammocks by themselves as
      opposed
      > to buying pre-made ones.
      >
      > I've searched and searched but I can't find a site or article that
      > details the steps to making your own hammock. Can someone point me
      in
      > the right direction?...Thanks!!! :-)

      > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi
      outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

      Service.