Re: [Hammock Camping] heat ,light and chickens

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
      ralph, ralph, ralph... how long did that person have to go to college to learn to make up stuff like that? i`m not going to be sucker enough to belive it :~} ...tim

      Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote: like is light the absense of darkness or is darkness the absense of light.

      Coy Boy

      Let's settle this dark thing once and for all..
      From
      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5599/dark_sucker_2.html

      THE THEORY OF DARK SUCKERS

      *as presented by Paul Holmgren*

      with additions and corrections by Holly Stowe
      For years it was believed that light wes emitted from an electric bulb;
      recent information has proven otherwise - dark is sucked into the bulb -
      therefore, the bulb is a dark sucker.

      There are many types and sizes of dark suckers. The largest manufacturers of
      dark suckers are General Electric and Sylvania. Some modern dark suckers
      utilize solid power to operate properly. Solid power units can be purchased
      from Eveready, Exide, and Duracell.

      The dark sucker theory proves the existance of dark suckers as well as
      proving that dark is heaver than light. Some examples are as follows:

      Electric bulbs: There is less dark near the electric bulb than at a distance
      of 100 feet when it is operating; therefore, it is sucking dark and can be
      classified as a dark sucker. The larger the dark sucker, the greater the
      distance it can suck dark. The larger the dark sucker the greater its
      capacity of dark. The dark sucking capabilities are evident when the dark
      sucker has reached its capacity and will no longer suck dark. At that point
      you may notice the dark area on the inside portion of the dark sucker. The
      larger the dark sucker, the larger the area of dark found within. This type
      of dark sucker can be made directional by placing a shield around a portion
      of the unit or behind it. This will prevent dark from entering the dark
      sucker from that side thereby extending the range of the dark sucker on the
      unprotected/unshielded side.

      Sometimes to promote big events they use a really large directional dark
      sucker. You can see the dark sucked out of the sky in a long cylinder shape
      from miles away.

      Candles - primitive dark suckers: There is more dark 30 feet from a lit
      candle then there is at a distance of 3 feet. Proof of it's dark sucking
      capabilities is relatively simple. Examine a new unused candle, notice that
      the center core is not dark. Ignite the center core. Allow the center core
      to burn for about 5 minutes. Notice the lack of dark around the candle.
      Extinguish the candle flame. Notice that the center core of the candle is
      now dark. The center core is a dark sucker protected by a soft insulator to
      extend it's life expectancy and maintain rigidity to verify that this
      primitive dark sucker is operating properly. Ignite the center core and
      allow it to burn for a minimum of 2 minutes. Pass a clean pencil over the
      top of the flame, left to right, approximately 3 inches above the center
      core. Notice that there is no dark on the pencil. Pass the pencil over the
      center core now about 1/2 inch. Notice that the pencil now has a dark area.
      The pencil blocked the path of the dark being sucked to the core of the dark
      sucker. This type dark sucker is very primitive and does not suck dark any
      great distance nor does it have a large capacity.

      Dark sucker solid power units may be purchased locally at a variety of
      outlets. Size does not determine the life expectancy of the dark sucker
      solid power unit. These solid power units work with many modern dark
      suckers, and absorb dark from the dark sucker. The absorbed dark is
      converted to solid power within the unit.

      An example of the conversion of dark into solid power in the automobile of
      today. Notice an auto in use during dark hours. Two (possibly four) large
      dark suckers are located on the front. On the rear there are two (or 3)
      smaller dark suckers with red filters. You may also notice several dark
      suckers with yellow filters. These filters are required to remove a
      percentage of red and yellow from total dark so as to energize the solid
      power unit. The solid power unit permits the auto to be utilized during
      hours of no dark by the dark it has absorbed. The number of dark suckers
      varies with the age of the automobile. Newer automobile solid power units
      require a greater percentage of red filtered dark. Older units generally
      require more non-filtered dark. The solid power unit of the automobile has a
      dark interior. This can be proved by cutting the solid power unit in half.

      Dark is heavier than light. Dark always settles to the bottom of a lake
      and/or river. Submerge just below the surface of a lake and you will notice
      an absence of dark. Lower yourself to 15 feet below the surface and you will
      notice a degree of darkness even on a sunny, bright day. Lower yourself to
      50 feet (or more) below the surface and you are in total dark. Ergo, the
      dark has settled to the bottom; therefore, dark is heavier than light.
      Modern technology has allowed us to utilize the dark that has settled to the
      bottom of large rivers through the creation of turbines which push the dark
      downriver to the ocean, which has a larger holding capacity for dark and is
      a common safe storage location. As the dark is passed through the turbine, a
      percentage of solid power is removed and transmitted to various short term
      storage plants for many usages. Prior to turbines, it was much more
      difficult to move the dark from rivers to storage areas such as deep lakes
      or the ocean. The Indians would paddle their canoes very little and not very
      deeply if they were going in the direction of flow of dark so as not to slow
      it down. However, if they were traveling opposite the natural flow of dark,
      they would dig their paddles very deep and rapidly to assist the flow of
      dark to its ocean storage place.

      Dark is faster than light. If you would open a drawer very slowly, you will
      notice that the light goes into the drawer. (You can see this happen.) You
      cannot see the dark leave the drawer. Continue to open the drawer and light
      will continue to enter the drawer; however, you will not see any dark leave
      the drawer. Therefore, dark is faster than light. Go into a closet, close
      the door, and turn off the dark sucker. Have a friend open the door about 1
      inch. Your friend will not see any dark leave the closet, nor will you. Have
      your friend open the door until half the closet is dark and half is light.
      Since 2 objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time, and you do
      not feel any change in pressure, by compressing the dark, it is logical to
      assume that dark is faster than light.

      One last proof.

      What is a by-product of movement of dark? Heat. What is a by- product of
      dark suckers? Heat, again.

      The sun is probably the largest dark sucker and when the sun is out the dark
      is gone but a lot of heat is generated. If you get in the way of the sun
      sucking the dark for to long some of the reddish (weaker) dark may become
      attached to your skin. This can be painful. Avoid this at all costs.

      Therefore a dark sucker generates heat during its operation, sucking dark
      from the surrounding area.

      enjoy... :]
      Ralph

      Around here we take a lot of our dark and ship it by wire to the bottom of a
      big reservoir. If you dive down very deep guess what you see...... yup,
      dark!

      QED

      tim garner

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006

        > ralph, ralph, ralph... how long did that person have to go to college to
        > learn to make up stuff like that? i`m not going to be sucker enough to
        > belive it :~} ...tim

        14 years for the BS in physics
        another 18 (and counting) for the masters in engineering

        Towards the end of the physics degree, things started getting metaphysical.
        Quantum mechanics, cosmology, "modern" physics, all have a little "you can't
        really see this but have faith it's really here" type of stuff.

        Ralph

        PS "Theory of Dark" matches observable phenomena!

      • Coy
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
          folks, i apoligize that yall had to read this. if only i had not
          posted the question.

          Coy Boy
          PS just in case yall dont know, ralph is a disgruntled displaced
          tater farmer so go easy on him.

          <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

          > like is light the absense of darkness or is darkness the absense
          of light.

          > Coy Boy
          >
          > Let's settle this dark thing once and for all..
          > From
          > http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5599/dark_sucker_2.html
          >
          > THE THEORY OF DARK SUCKERS
          >
          > *as presented by Paul Holmgren*
          >
          > with additions and corrections by Holly Stowe
          > For years it was believed that light wes emitted from an electric
          bulb;
          > recent information has proven otherwise - dark is sucked into the
          bulb -
          > therefore, the bulb is a dark sucker.

        • J.D. Hoessle
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 6, 2006
            > folks, i apoligize that yall had to read this. if only i had not
            > posted the question.
            >
            > Coy Boy
            > PS just in case yall dont know, ralph is a disgruntled displaced
            > tater farmer so go easy on him.

            ...hehehe! Actually, I enjoyed every line! I was waiting for someone
            to explain the total darkness in a cave and "How Come" I keep seeing
            those little lightning flashes (static electricity). Or is that
            "stalactite electricity"...? Does stalagmite suck the dark?

            Happy Trails,

            J.D.
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8, 2006
              hahahahaha!!! Well that solves it then. I'm convinced!!

              Phx must have a ton of dark suckers, we generate a LOT of heat around
              these parts. :)

              jamie d