[Hammock Camping] Re: heat ,light and chickens

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      Is that truely a zero light space though or just an undetectable
      amount to human eye?

      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scot Leibacher" <scot-
      leibacher@...> wrote:

      > Off Topic:
      > Dunno if you need anything as exotic as a black hole for total
      darkness... I have
      > been down in a cave system before when the light sources were
      extinquished
      > and even after a 15 minute accustomization period, you could not
      see anything.
      > Even your hand held directly in front of your eyes was not visable
      in anyway.
      > A truly eerie sensation since we are usually used to some type of
      light source
      > in even the darkest conditions we normally encounter.
    • Scot Leibacher
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
        Jamie,

        I guess I don't know enough about all frequencies of light and how the human
        eye works, etc. to answer definitively. However, we were told it was total and utter
        darkness. The man-made light sources had been extinquished and no natural light
        sources were present. There was no way for light to reach into the cavern we
        were in except for sources located within the cavern. It was by far the darkest
        situation I have ever experienced.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
          I have only been in one cavelike place, it's a lave tube we have
          around here. It was amazingly dark too. I couldn't see my hand in
          front of my face when our lights were out. Amazing! Too bad there
          aren't any places to hang a hammock, I could have added it to my
          list of interesting places I've hung. :)