RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Medical????

  • shane
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
      >> Has anyone found any good temporary medical
      >>insurance?

      On my long walks, I usually carried a first aid kit and a shotgun. Whatever the first aid kit wouldn't fix, the shotgun would.

      If you really do need emergency care, hospitals can't refuse you. Beyond that, if you have some kind of disease or condition, then you might be on your own. If you break a leg and the helicopter has to come get you, then that's emergency care.

      Shane
    • rob dawson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
        WEll, there is the Austrian Mountain and Hiking Club www.oeav.at

        one year membership is round 55 Euro an dincludes world wide emergency
        medical care, inlcuding helicopter rescues, even for hiking an dskiing
        accidents... if you happen to be in the alps it is also good for discounts
        on mountain huts in many countries...

        it may, or may not be valid in your country of residence... you have to
        ask them ....

        robi