Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: heat ,light and chickens

  • Scot Leibacher
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      Off Topic:
      Dunno if you need anything as exotic as a black hole for total darkness... I have
      been down in a cave system before when the light sources were extinquished
      and even after a 15 minute accustomization period, you could not see anything.
      Even your hand held directly in front of your eyes was not visable in anyway.
      A truly eerie sensation since we are usually used to some type of light source
      in even the darkest conditions we normally encounter.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
        Is that truely a zero light space though or just an undetectable
        amount to human eye?

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scot Leibacher" <scot-

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
          Jamie,

          I guess I don't know enough about all frequencies of light and how the human
          eye works, etc. to answer definitively. However, we were told it was total and utter
          darkness. The man-made light sources had been extinquished and no natural light
          sources were present. There was no way for light to reach into the cavern we
          were in except for sources located within the cavern. It was by far the darkest
          situation I have ever experienced.

          leibacher@...> wrote:

          > Off Topic:
          > Dunno if you need anything as exotic as a black hole for total
          darkness... I have
          > been down in a cave system before when the light sources were
          extinquished
          > and even after a 15 minute accustomization period, you could not
          see anything.
          > Even your hand held directly in front of your eyes was not visable
          in anyway.
          > A truly eerie sensation since we are usually used to some type of
          light source
          > in even the darkest conditions we normally encounter.

        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
            I have only been in one cavelike place, it's a lave tube we have
            around here. It was amazingly dark too. I couldn't see my hand in
            front of my face when our lights were out. Amazing! Too bad there
            aren't any places to hang a hammock, I could have added it to my
            list of interesting places I've hung. :)